Sterilization Permit Number
Who Needs a Sterilization Permit Number?
Companies that wish to sell down and feather filled products in the United States Must have a Sterilization Permit Number for their factories that wash and sterilize the products.
How to obtain a Sterilization Permit Number
- Check with your factory to see if they already have a Sterilization Permit Number. They might, and this will save you time and money.
- Contact the State of Pennsylvania (PA) or the State of Utah (UT).
Obtain a Sterilization Permit Number from one of them.Register this newly acquired Sterilization Permit Number with the remaining states:
- Utah and Pennsylvania are reciprocal when it comes to sterilization numbers.
- Massachusetts (MA)
- Connecticut (CT)
- Rhode Island (RI)
- Pennsylvania (PA)
- Utah (UT)
- Michigan (City of Detroit)
Companies that will help you acquire a Sterilization Permit Number
- IDFL (International Down and Feather Laboratory) offers a service to help you acquire this number. Each of their locations offer this service. It involves:
IDFL will schedule an inspection of each factory that washes and sterilizes the down.
IDFL will inspect the factory and then send in our report & application papers for your Permit Number.
IDFL obtains this number from the State of Pennsylvania (PA) or State of Utah (UT) and then also licenses it in the 5 other states that require you to license; Connecticut (CT), Massachusetts (MA), Rhode Island (RI), Delaware (DE) and City of Detroit, Michigan (MI). If you have any questions about obtaining a Sterilization Permit Number, please contact the International Down and Feather Laboratory at:
Tel: +1 801 467 7611
Fax: +1 801 467 7711
- Legal Label
Tel: +1 (207) 894 3300
877-481-0734 (Toll Free)